Online NSW R Licence Testing
We offer testing for the NSW Hunting (R licence) licence
Online R-Licence Testing
The club is now providing online testing 6 days a week for the NSW Restricted Game Licence for those people who wish to hunt in declared NSW State Forests.
DPI have adapted the R-Licence Accreditation Course into a no-contact format, so hunters can get qualified and licensed to hunt in declared State Forests .
What you will need:
- Valid email address
- Computer with reliable internet connection or smartphone
- Video chat capibilities
To request a booking for the R-Licence test click Contact Us, and we will email you with available test dates and times.
Eligibility for a NSW Restricted Game Licence
To be eligible for A NSW Resticted Game Licence you need to be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO). If you are not a member of an AHO you can join the hunting club by clicking Join or Renew. Please note you must remain a member of an AHO for your Restricted Game Licence to remain valid.
How do I apply for my R-Licence when I complete the test?
Click this link to be taken to the DPI website and create a new application.
1) Fill in all youir personal details then hit the continue button.
2) The next page is the address page answer the overseas visitor question and then fill in your address details, then hit the continue button.
2) Under “Licence Details” select Restricted Standard from the drop down list, this type will allow you to hunt game on both private and public land.
3) Select how long you want to have the licence for, select any concessions that may apply to you, put your firearms licence number in (if you have one), then select the catagories for your licence this must match your R Licence Accreditation certificate provided by NDHC (Firearms, Bows, Dogs, Black Powder).
NOTE: If you do not yet have a valid firearms licence, you can still apply for the firearms category but can not legally hunt with firearms until you hold a valid firearms licence.
4) Native Game Birds is a separate assessment and provided only by the DPI. Do not tick unless you have previously completed a Water Foul Identification Test.
5) In the accreditation field select your AHO from the dropdown list, enter your accreditation number this is the red number on the top right corner of your accreditation certificate and enter your trainer's number will be hand written in the middle section called "Hunter LEAP Trainer Number".
6) Upload all documents applicable to your application.
7) Answer all the questions in the declaration section.
8) Fill in your payment details
9) The DPI will send you a confirmation email giving you a username and temporary password. On first login to the DPI website, you will need to complete two additional online modules on Written Permissions and Navigation before booking your first hunt.